Review: MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation8/15/2012
Hey there, pretty reader!!!
I know it's been long since I last made a product review and I admit that my blog has almost turned into a food blog with all the blog posts of restaurants I've been to lately. Pardon my hiatus from make-up reviews and fashion posts, but definitely, there's more to come about those things in the near future so you better watch out for that!
Anyway, let me just share to you my thoughts on a make-up product which was also included in the cosmetic loot that my sister sent me from Canada. It's actually one of the products which excite me to wait in vain for this loot before purchasing them locally here.
The MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is a combination of powder plus foundation to provide you an all-matte, full coverage finish in just an easy one-step application.
I have read a lot of reviews on this product thus the curious me wanted to try this out.
I got mine in NW20. At first glance, I thought that it was going to be too light for me but when I tried applying it with a darker shade of powder or the Skinfinish Natural in Medium, both can be blended to a shade which appropriately matches my skin tone. For those of you who are wondering what NW means, it simply stands for "neutral warm" which means that it suits pink undertones. I'm actually neutral between the two undertones so the best of both world can suit me.
What I like about this product:
- Provides the coverage that I need - it can go from medium to full coverage.
- The powder is finely milled and highly pigmented. A little of it can go a long way.
- Power and puff are placed in separate compartments
- Staying power of at least 4-6 hours in non-oily areas
- Available in many shades so it's easy to choose the right suitable shade for you.
- Others have said that it did cause them a breakout but luckily for me, it didn't.
What I don't like about this product:
- chunky packaging (similar to NYX)
- I'm not satisfied with the oil control.
- Oxidizes on oily areas after 2-3 hours
Will I repurchase this product: Yes, and I will definitely save up for another piece of this!
- It's important to prep your face up with an oil-control primer to fully achieve what this product promises.
- MAC Counters have make-up artists which can help you in choosing the right shade for you. Better go to the nearest counter so that you won't end up spending for something which you can fully utilize.
- Beware of fake MAC products! It's always better to buy it in stores, even though you have to add a bit more to the price but it guarantees you that you're getting the genuine one.
What are your thoughts on this product?