Call for Entries: Smart's Doon Po Sa Amin (DPSA) Year 7 Competition10/15/2014
SMART, on its 7th year, launches Doon Po Sa Amin (DPSA), the biggest online annual mapping activity that urges Filipinos to promote their hometowns with the aid of technology.
DPSA is a team competition, with eight to 10 members per team. The objective is to create a video featuring an interesting story about their hometown which can be about any of the following:
- Activities to enjoy
- Food to eat
- History to uncover
- People to meet
- Places to go
- Plants and animals to discover
- Community products to support
Video entries can be in the form of animation, documentary, short film, or music video. All video entries will then be mapped via DPSA website. Registration and submission of entries is until . Complete mechanics can be accessed here.
· Teams should be composed of 8-10 High School or College students.
· Teams are required to have a teacher-coach (minimum of 1; maximum of 3). The teacher-coach will be part of the participating team and will serve as the team’s official representative.
· Students from different sections/levels/courses can compose a team.
· All members must be officially enrolled in a school/university.
· There shall be no inter-school collaboration for any entry.
· Teams should be composed of 8-10 independent film-making enthusiasts.
· There is no age limit.
· Participants in a team can be a professional or non-professional.
· Teams should designate one official representative of the team.
· Characters and production crew can be part of the team members.
All members of the teams should be residing in the Philippines.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
- Content - 40%
- Creativity - 30%
- Execution - 20%
- Impact - 10%
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
- Pre-screening: The DPSA secretariat will pre-screen all the submitted entries to ensure that the contestants have complied with the prescribed guidelines.
- Semi-finals: Panel of judges from Smart will screen all qualified entries and select 10 finalists per category. Judging will be based on the above mentioned criteria.
- Grand Finals: Panel of judges composed of representatives from different groups will screen and choose the winners using the same set of criteria. Total percentage score of an entry must be at least 60% to qualify for a spot on the top entries.
- Announcement of Winners: The complete list of winners will be announced on February 2015 in an awarding ceremony. Three members of the three (3) winning teams for both contest divisions will be invited to Manila for the awarding.
- Three (3) winning teams for each Student and Open Categories.
- Grand Champion: Php 50,000.00
- Second Place: Php 30,000.00
- Third Place: Php 15,000.00
Special prizes will also be given away.